It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Distributed versus standalone servers?

Matthew Clark (10711347) | asked Jul 17 '18, 9:46 a.m.
edited Jul 17 '18, 9:54 a.m.
I currently have 2 WebSphere servers both running WAS 8.5.5.13

One is running the CLM suite 6.0.3 with [jts, ccm, rm, qm]

The other is running [rs, dcc, lqe]

I understand LQE is a resource intensive product, but nobody on my project is using this application and I am considering uninstalling. With only RS and DCC remaining on the server, would you consolidate down to 1 WebSphere server?

I am looking for simplicity and ease of management without impacting performance. Thoughts?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jul 17 '18, 9:39 p.m.

Hi, Matthew

Depending on the number of users, usage of the products, many users have distributed each product jts, ccm, rm and rm to different machine on production environment.
Also RS/DCC is quite resource intensive components and it is reasonable for some users to only separate these component to another box which you are having now.
So I don't see much benefits for you to change the current topology even though your team may not use lqe for now(when lqe is used, it may be the time you want to separate lqe on its own box because of performance impact).

Comments
Matthew Clark commented Jul 18 '18, 2:49 p.m.

Thank you Don. We have about 50 users. Small environment. I previously had [jts, ccm, qm, rm, rs, and dcc] with no latency issues. Only LQE caused latency issues.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 18 '18, 3:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I decided the other answer was spam and banned and reported it. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.