It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.3 : Newly created attributes are not getting displayed in web (Browsers)

Faizal Rahman (821014) | asked Jun 28 '18, 10:33 p.m.

Hi,

We are using RTC 4.0.3 version and i have updated the project area by adding few new attributes and renamed few existing attributes. The chages are visible for me in IE / Chrome browsers.

However other users unable to see those changes either in IE / Chrome. We informed the users to clear browser's cache, history, etc. After that few users can see the changes in IE, but not in Chrome.

Are there any workaround to fix this issue?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 29 '18, 2:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is simply not enough information in this post. Since 4.0.3 is such an old version of RTC, you might be using it with unsupported Browser versions. The fact that you can see the changes and others can not, I think, point to an environmental problem. The users that can not see the changes, if they log in with your client, can they then see them?
What is the difference between the clients that show the changes and the ones that do not?

Comments
Faizal Rahman commented Jul 03 '18, 12:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks ffor your update. I know, the browser versions being used may not be supported versions. The application is older version and the browser is latest versions.

Either me or other users checking the changes through web. I can see the changes, other users can also see it after deleting their browser history, cache, etc. But some users can't see the changes,even after clearing the browser cache, etc.,

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Jun 29 '18, 9:47 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '18, 9:47 a.m.

When you updated the Process Template / Project Area and added NEW attiributes:

Did you Synch the new Attributes to Existing Work Items?

If you do not I've seen issues with showing the new attributes on existing work items and then they are not displayed until you re-fresh the browser on a new work item.  Try Synchronizing the new attributes..

New WI create - will show it.

Existing WI will not until they are Synch'd

Good Luck

Matt

Comments
Faizal Rahman commented Jul 03 '18, 12:53 a.m.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your comments. I don't want the changes to be applied to the existing work items, hence i haven't Sync.

However the other users not able to view the changes, when they create new work items.

Thanks.

Faizal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.