It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does it mean "Process attachment"?

Sandra Monares (112) | asked Jun 04 '18, 2:47 p.m.
Hello,
I want to create a role and give it permissions to create timelines and iterations, but, I have to enable also the permission called "Modify the collection of process attachments".  What does this permission mean?  I've be searching for information of what a "Process attchment" is, or refers to, but I couldn't find anything.
Can someone please explain to me what this permission means???
If I enable this permission, what will the role be able to change/update on my project area?
Thanks in advance!

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k6172190) | answered Jun 04 '18, 4:51 p.m.
edited Jun 04 '18, 4:53 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the collection of process attachments are found in the Links tab when viewing the Project Configuration

I don't know any good reason to remove any of those, but one may want to add new icons.    I think that that java script for work item attribute customization also lives among these attachments as are work item templates.

permanent link
Sandra Monares (112) | answered Jun 04 '18, 6:40 p.m.
Thanks Kevin Ramer,
I was asking because when I add only the permissions to manage timelines and iterations, I am getting below error:
CRJAZ6053E: The project areas operation cannot be completed. "Modify collections of process attachments" permission is required to complete the operations.

I wonder why I can not grant permissions to modify timelines and iterations only... why do I have to add also the permission to modify collections of process attachments?

Permissions I am giving to the role are:
Modify structures of iterations.
Modify collections of timelines.

I hope someone can explain me why do I need also to add the permission to modigy collections of process attachments.

Regards!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.