It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does it mean "Process attachment"?

Sandra Monares (112) | asked Jun 04 '18, 2:47 p.m.
Hello,
I want to create a role and give it permissions to create timelines and iterations, but, I have to enable also the permission called "Modify the collection of process attachments".  What does this permission mean?  I've be searching for information of what a "Process attchment" is, or refers to, but I couldn't find anything.
Can someone please explain to me what this permission means???
If I enable this permission, what will the role be able to change/update on my project area?
Thanks in advance!

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jun 04 '18, 4:51 p.m.
edited Jun 04 '18, 4:53 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the collection of process attachments are found in the Links tab when viewing the Project Configuration

I don't know any good reason to remove any of those, but one may want to add new icons.    I think that that java script for work item attribute customization also lives among these attachments as are work item templates.

permanent link
Sandra Monares (112) | answered Jun 04 '18, 6:40 p.m.
Thanks Kevin Ramer,
I was asking because when I add only the permissions to manage timelines and iterations, I am getting below error:
CRJAZ6053E: The project areas operation cannot be completed. "Modify collections of process attachments" permission is required to complete the operations.

I wonder why I can not grant permissions to modify timelines and iterations only... why do I have to add also the permission to modify collections of process attachments?

Permissions I am giving to the role are:
Modify structures of iterations.
Modify collections of timelines.

I hope someone can explain me why do I need also to add the permission to modigy collections of process attachments.

Regards!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.