It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

more than one repository?

Kerstin Hirt (11) | asked Oct 08 '09, 7:32 a.m.
For testing different roles I want create a repository for each role in the composer client.

But I see only the repository which I created first.

So I must use the webclient for logon as another user.

Is there a possiblity to use another project role in the native composer client without change the machine or without change the machine account ?

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Oct 08 '09, 10:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand your question correctly, then no. You can only create one connection to the same repository url.
What you could do is create multiple users/roles and then edit the connection to switch between the users. So log in as UserA, do some things, then switch the connection to login as UserB and try some other things, etc.

permanent link
Pratik Shah (18622) | answered Oct 09 '09, 2:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can, however, run the rich client twice and point each instance to a different local workspace and then have both of them connect to the same repository using different users.

To run two clients with different workspaces, right-click on the entry in the start menu to launch the client and create a shortcut. In the properties for the new shortcut, look for the target field, and add this at the end:
-data C:/newWorkspace
Then you should be able to launch a second RRC client using that second shortcut.

Pratik
"k.hirt" <kerstin> wrote in message news:hakiur$ug6$1@localhost.localdomain...
For testing different roles I want create a repository for each role
in the composer client.

But I see only the repository which I created first.

So I must use the webclient for logon as another user.

Is there a possiblity to use another project role in the native
composer client without change the machine or without change the
machine account ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.