It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM v2.0 - dashboard home page displays viewlet errors

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked Oct 06 '09, 5:58 p.m.
When I load the home page in RQM v2.0, I get the following errors. Any idea what is causing the error and what do I need to do to fix it? How can I tell it not to load these viewlets?

Quality Manager Articles & Tutorials
Show header Loading...
There was a problem loading the feed:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case
Show header An error occured while loading the viewlet.
Viewlet definition could not be found: com.ibm.rqm.planning.web.viewlets.requirementCoverageTrendReport

4 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Oct 06 '09, 7:38 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gary,
For the "Quality Manager Articles & Tutorial" feed the viewlet will actually be loading content from ibm.com. Is there a firewall in place that might be preventing that connection? There's a chance that the feed may have been done over a short window. Does it still keep happening?

I am less certain about the second issue. I believe the definitions are specified in an XML configuration file but I also believe it is not editiable by end users. We'll need to get someone else to provide some ideas on that one.

As far as removing the Viewlets, you can just press the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the viewlet.
To make it "sticky", either ensure that "Auto Save" is selected in the upper right hand corner of the dashboard or manually press the "Save" button after making the changes.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

When I load the home page in RQM v2.0, I get the following errors. Any idea what is causing the error and what do I need to do to fix it? How can I tell it not to load these viewlets?

Quality Manager Articles & Tutorials
Show header Loading...
There was a problem loading the feed:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case
Show header An error occured while loading the viewlet.
Viewlet definition could not be found: com.ibm.rqm.planning.web.viewlets.requirementCoverageTrendReport

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Oct 06 '09, 7:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gary,

Regarding the second issue. This is most likely a known issue with viewlets when upgrading from 1.x to 2.0. If you delete the "Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case" viewlet and re-add it your problem should be resolved.

I hope that helps,
Mark

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Oct 06 '09, 11:08 p.m.
Hi Gary,

Regarding the second issue. This is most likely a known issue with viewlets when upgrading from 1.x to 2.0. If you delete the "Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case" viewlet and re-add it your problem should be resolved.

I hope that helps,
Mark

Hi, regarding the 1st issue, our web server does not have internet access. We will try to delete and re-add the viewlet

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Oct 07 '09, 9:01 a.m.
Hi Gary,

I hope that helps,
Mark

Hi, regarding the 1st issue, our web server does not have internet access. We will try to delete and re-add the viewlet

Hi all, Re-adding the viewlet works. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.