It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hotkeys for Manual Test Execution?

Eric Smyth (3643) | asked Jun 02 '09, 2:13 p.m.
Does anyone know if there are hotkeys when performing a manual test execution? The problem is you have to scroll up to the top of the test case in order to progress test execution to the the next step. A hotkey would solve this issue. Is there another solution here that I may not be seeing?

5 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 03 '09, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently there are no hot keys for manual script execution

permanent link
Eric Smyth (3643) | answered Jun 03 '09, 12:04 p.m.
Currently there are no hot keys for manual script execution

If this is the case, is there a solution in the works for stepping through a large manual testscript? Scrolling to the top of the page to progress to the next step is very inconvenient.

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Jun 03 '09, 2:08 p.m.
Checkout the link below...My hunch is this is coming in the RQM 2.0 Beta 2 release. In the RQM 2.0 Beta 1 release the text execution tool bar would scroll with the test steps therefore eliminating the need to scroll up to the top of the page to progress the test execution.

https://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/images/manual_test_execution.png

permanent link
Eric Smyth (3643) | answered Jun 03 '09, 2:52 p.m.
Checkout the link below...My hunch is this is coming in the RQM 2.0 Beta 2 release. In the RQM 2.0 Beta 1 release the text execution tool bar would scroll with the test steps therefore eliminating the need to scroll up to the top of the page to progress the test execution.

https://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/images/manual_test_execution.png

Thanks for the insight Brian.

permanent link
Monika Mikolajczyk (26) | answered Jun 03 '09, 8:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There has been design work provided on this issue that will eliminate all the scrolling to find toolbars and steps.
The test steps have been contained within their own scrollable section independent from the toolbar.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.