It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting "This server is offline or unreachable" message for QM after setting up staging server.

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked Apr 09 '18, 3:40 a.m.
edited Apr 09 '18, 3:48 a.m.

Hello Team,

I have set up staging server for CLM version 5.0.2. Below are the details of production CLM server and staging CLM server
Production CLM server 
version - 5.0.2, all applications are deployed on single WAS server and IHS is configured to access CLM server. IHS is installed on different machine and databases are installed on different machine. 
I got three servers to setup staging server identical to production server. I setup staging server similar to production server. As I started the staging server I was able to access all the applications except for QM. When clicked on home button I see the message This server is offline or unreachable for QM.
Please let me know your suggestion on this issue.

Point to note - While setting up IHS, initially I was unable to access IHS using HTTPS. I checked "httpd.conf" file in production IHS server and found there is no property in the file which specifies hardcoded values like IP address of other production systems or host names of other production systems therefore I copied this file to staging IHS server and I was able to access using HTTPS. While setting up IHS for staging server we shut down production CLM server.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 09 '18, 8:57 p.m.

What you provided here is far from "details". When you set up a staging environment, you have to either do it in an isolated network, or do a server rename to avoid conflicts with the production environment. Many steps and configurations are involved, and I doubt that we can examine it on this forum. Try to contact IBM Support and get someone to walk through the steps with you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.