It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a custom attrobute be added at Project Area level in RTC?

deepti harinkhede (217) | asked Mar 28 '18, 3:51 a.m.

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to define a custom attribute (department) at project area.and then to create a dashboard based on that field. Is it possible to create an attribute at Project area? or any plugin available to achieve this?

2 answers

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Mar 28 '18, 9:45 a.m.

Yes you can create custom attributes. For basic functionality no addition plugin is needed .

Refer https://jazz.net/library/article/1003

Comments
deepti harinkhede commented Mar 28 '18, 10:50 a.m.

Hi Karthik

Thanks for your  reaponse. But my requirement is to create a field for Project area (similar to Team Area). which does not require to be set in each workitem of that project area.
Any idea if it can be done?

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 28 '18, 10:00 a.m.

I'm not sure what you mean by "project area level", custom attributes are defined per work item type.

Comments
deepti harinkhede commented Mar 28 '18, 10:48 a.m.

Hi Piotr

By project area level, I mean the custom attribute which can be set in Project Area and its value should be common to all workitems created in that project area. 
For example we have "Team Area" which can be set for Project area.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 28 '18, 11:16 a.m. | edited Mar 28 '18, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please carefully read  How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

You are asking for the implementation for a solution of an unexplained requirement. And that is the reason why you only get questions back and will never get anywhere with this question, unless you correct your question and express the business use case that is two level below your implementation idea.

Requirements are not implementation proposals.

deepti harinkhede commented Mar 28 '18, 2:31 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Let me try to rephrase my query.

We need to create a field "Department" in a Project Area (not in workitem), which should be set by the Project Area admin only. The "Categories" is a good example to refer here. We define "Categories" at Project Area level.

Also, need to create a dashboard which lists all work items created for a particular Department.

Please suggest the best approach to achieve this.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks.

Donald Nong commented Mar 29 '18, 5:10 a.m.

Why does a usual Enumeration not fit? You just make it overly complicated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.