It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I disable ZOS related tasks?

Stephane Couillaud (15632545) | asked Mar 26 '18, 7:25 p.m.

I keep on getting diagnostic errors for ZOS related tasks. We don't even use ZOS.  I have tried restarting the host, clearing the cache on the host, and looked for some server property, but to no avail.  And there are no clues, that I can tell, in the server logs. Any suggestions on how to disable these tasks once and for all?  Should I just ignore them under the following property:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.diagnostics.basic.internal.BackgroundTaskDiagnostic

Here are the two diagnostics I keep on getting every 24 hrs otherwise:

The diagnostic "Background Task" reports an ERROR: <o:p> </o:p>

CRJAZ1990E 2 tasks have been unscheduled due to unexpected errors, including the task "com.ibm.team.enterprise.zos.systemdefinition.migration.SystemDefinitionMigrationTask".  Please check your server logs for details.  Once you have addressed the issues, you should restart the server to reschedule this background task.

The diagnostic "Background Task" reports an ERROR: <o:p> </o:p>

CRJAZ1990E 2 tasks have been unscheduled due to unexpected errors, including the task "com.ibm.team.enterprise.zos.systemdefinition.migration.SystemDefinitionMigrationTask".  Please check your server logs for details.  Once you have addressed the issues, you should restart the server to reschedule this background task. <o:p> </o:p>

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Mar 26 '18, 8:54 p.m.

Generally speaking, you can ignore the errors if they are irrelevant to your system. But you are concerned, you can always contact IBM Support and send the complete log file for a closer examination.

Comments
Stephane Couillaud commented Mar 27 '18, 2:16 p.m.

It's not relevant to my system, but at the same time I'm curious to know why I'm getting these diagnostic errors all of a sudden.  Just seems odd. 

Donald Nong commented Mar 27 '18, 8:57 p.m.

I have seen it in several of my testing environments, but I have never bothered to look into further details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.