It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to extract the total run time from the test case results?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Mar 14 '18, 6:57 a.m.

I want to find out the total time spent in executing each of my test cases. I want to find out how much time each of my testers are taking to perform the execution. I see the Total Run Time in test case results but Report Builder does not provide the option to get that value. How else can we get this data extracted?

One answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Apr 03 '18, 3:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Maria,

Report builder do have the option of knowing the Total Run time for the TCRs.

While building a report , select QM Test Results as the artifact, and under the Format Results Section, Click on the  "Attribute" option and select Total Run Time, Start Time and End Time columns and run the report. The value shown under the reports is in "mili seconds" unit.

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Apr 03 '18, 4:42 a.m.

Thanks for your response, Krupa.
But I am unable to see the QM Test Result under artifacts. How do I get the QM Test Result? I tried with Test Case Results but I do not get the Run Time attribute.

Bob 3 commented Jul 30 '19, 12:24 p.m. | edited Jul 30 '19, 12:31 p.m.

Krupa, I can duplicate your results when using the Lifecycle Query Engine scoped for a configuration as the Report Builder data source. However, I cannot duplicate your results when using a non-configuration managed project area and the Rational Data Warehouse. I am using IBM ELM version 6.0.6 iFix 009. Can you explain how to achieve the same result as your screen capture using the data warehouse? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.