It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the Rational Team Concert 6.0.3 Shell crashing?

Stephane Couillaud (15632344) | asked Mar 01 '18, 5:56 p.m.

I have this user using the RTC Shell 6.0.3 which keeps on crashing with the error below.  This is triggered when first doing a repository connection.   Any idea?  The build is I6.0.3_20161028-1503.  I'm not sure if there are any iFixes and if so where do I find it?  Not even sure that's an option for the Shell through Installation Manager.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 02 '18, 12:16 a.m.

The stack trace does not contain any RTC codes (the class should start with com.ibm.team), so it looks more like an Eclipse RCP issue. The root cause (based on the stack trace) is:
java.lang.VerifyError: JVMVRFY012 stack shape inconsistent; class=org/eclipse/osgi/internal/resolver/StateImpl, method<clinit>()V, pc=9

You can see the below document for the meaning of the error.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1025881

I can't tell you exactly what happened. Maybe you can try to reinstall the application.

permanent link
Ritu Gupta (111) | answered Mar 05 '18, 4:18 a.m.
edited Mar 05 '18, 4:20 a.m.
Hi Stephane,

Can you please try to reinstall the application. If issue still persist please contact IBM support.

There are no iFixes available for RTC Shell 6.0.3. We started providing IFixes for shell from 6.0.4 release only.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.