It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems installing RTC Express-C Edition

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Oct 02 '09, 4:00 p.m.
Forgive my basic question, but I am having problems installing Team Concert Express-C Edition. I THOUGHT I was supposed to install it using IBM Installation Manager, but when I bring up Installation Manager and try to set a repository, I cannot find the .inf file that one would normally set as a repository. Previously I have downloaded Team Concert Express-C Client and Server (64bit). As I mentioned above, I have installed Installation Manager and am looking to now install the Client software for RTC. Please help me and Thanks for all responses.

30 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 05 '09, 7:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Forgive my basic question, but I am having problems installing Team Concert Express-C Edition. I THOUGHT I was supposed to install it using IBM Installation Manager, but when I bring up Installation Manager and try to set a repository, I cannot find the .inf file that one would normally set as a repository. Previously I have downloaded Team Concert Express-C Client and Server (64bit). As I mentioned above, I have installed Installation Manager and am looking to now install the Client software for RTC. Please help me and Thanks for all responses.

Hi

The Express-C software looks like it does not use the Installation Manager (except for installing the Visual Studio client). I have not downloaded it yet, but it appears that these are just files you unzip into a directory, no installation manager required.

anthony

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Oct 05 '09, 8:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Express-C is only available via a zip file install and not the Install Manager. Download and unzip, that is it.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
Brian Cam (63188) | answered Oct 28 '09, 12:40 p.m.
Hi,

After uncompressing the .zip file how do I start the client? The help file says to start the client double click on the TeamConcert.exe application in the directory JazzInstallDir/client/eclipse. But I could not find this .exe in the eclipse folder. Am I missing something very basic here?

Brian

permanent link
Drew Cobb (10132015) | answered Oct 28 '09, 1:01 p.m.
Hi,

After uncompressing the .zip file how do I start the client? The help file says to start the client double click on the TeamConcert.exe application in the directory JazzInstallDir/client/eclipse. But I could not find this .exe in the eclipse folder. Am I missing something very basic here?

Brian

I had the EXACT same issue; I notified IBM and they are like what? Look for a file named Eclipse.exe (I am not logged on there right now). THAT is the file to double click on. Best wishes, and let me know how it goes for you.

permanent link
Drew Cobb (10132015) | answered Oct 28 '09, 1:07 p.m.
Hi,

Brian

A multi-billion dollar company, and their basic documentation is wrong. Not good.

permanent link
Brian Cam (63188) | answered Oct 28 '09, 2:30 p.m.
That was it. Thanks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 28 '09, 5:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

can you please file a work item against documentation?

To be honest, sometimes I think heavy users like me don't notice it any more. In 1.0 I think we had TeamConcert.Exe but that changed in 2.0.

Since I don't read that part of the documentation anymore after installing 20 times, I did not even notice it and never wondered. My assumption is this happens to other people like the reviewers for the documentation too for the very same reasons. Sad but true - and probably very human too.

Therefore we values your feedback that much.

Thanks,

Ralph

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Nov 01 '09, 4:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Brian

Hi Brian,

This was updated in v2.0.0.1 to say double-click eclipse.exe, but because of translation, the online documentation will be updated in v2.0.0.2 (December '09). However, you can view the latest documentation on the jazz.net info center, link below:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-team-concert/index.jsp

Thanks for your feedback,
Mahmoud Afshar

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Nov 03 '09, 2:20 p.m.
I'm attempting to install RTC into an existing WAS 7.0.0.5 instance. WAS 7 seems to be running fine - I can get to the ISC and I've gone through setting up the JVM (although, I'm not seeing any of the org.eclipse.birt.* libraries for some reason) and setting up the Custom properties. When I install jazz.war WAS says everything worked (log files confirm) and when I start jazz.war (I've set the context to /jazz) everything also seems to work.

But when I navigate to http://localhost:9443/jazz/setup I get:

Error 404: ProxyServlet: /jazz/setup

However, the first time I navigate to http://localhost:9443/jazz/admin
I do get a login prompt - but the traditional ADMIN/ADMIN doesn't work

At this point I'm quite frustrated. This shouldn't be that difficult, so why doesn't it work?

permanent link
Jason Wagner (76) | answered Nov 03 '09, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm attempting to install RTC into an existing WAS 7.0.0.5 instance. WAS 7 seems to be running fine - I can get to the ISC and I've gone through setting up the JVM (although, I'm not seeing any of the org.eclipse.birt.* libraries for some reason) and setting up the Custom properties. When I install jazz.war WAS says everything worked (log files confirm) and when I start jazz.war (I've set the context to /jazz) everything also seems to work.

But when I navigate to http://localhost:9443/jazz/setup I get:

Error 404: ProxyServlet: /jazz/setup

However, the first time I navigate to http://localhost:9443/jazz/admin
I do get a login prompt - but the traditional ADMIN/ADMIN doesn't work

At this point I'm quite frustrated. This shouldn't be that difficult, so why doesn't it work?

I think this is a problem with JAZZ_HOME. It sounds like you have set JAZZ_HOME already, but just to verify...

It should be set in Custom Properties in:
Application servers > server1 > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom properties.

My JAZZ_HOME looks like this: file:///home/myuser/jazz/server/conf

Once you've saved this setting, you will need to restart that WAS server:

./stopServer.sh server1
../startServer.sh server1

I think that might fix the problem. Keep us posted.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.