It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use a "Related Artifacts" link to check out a file from a work item?

Karim Riad (1189) | asked Jul 27 '12, 5:31 a.m.
Hello,
I am have an urgent need to be able to check out a file from RTC repository by clicking on a Related Artifacts link in the work item.
I know that when the file is being shared in the repository, it has a location URI and a web URL. I can put these links as Related Artifacts in the work item's properties.
However, if I put the web URL and click on it from the work item, it opens the file in the web browser.
What I want is when I click on the link in the workitem, I check out the file.in my workspace.
Thank you very much for your help.

3 answers

permanent link
Karim Riad (1189) | answered Jul 27 '12, 10:47 a.m.
Any suggestions? :)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 30 '12, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Karim,

as far as I know what you see is as designed. A related artifact is just an URL and handled that way, hence the web browser opens. You might be able to download the file manually from there, but obviously the Web UI does not know anything about the repository workspace.

What RTC supports in the clients is using change set links which are links that "know" they refer to SCM data. If a change set is associated to a work item you can, right click on the change set and accept it into your repository workspace.

permanent link
Karim Riad (1189) | answered Jul 30 '12, 10:11 a.m.
Thank you Ralph.
Suppose then that I don't have the project loaded from the component stream yet (this can be done by opening the Workspace --> Component --> Show Repository Files and then I load the project that I want). Is a way then to load the appropriate project from the work item? (change sets apply if the project is already loaded (checked out) and there is a change to accept. But me, I want to load (check out) the project from the work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.