It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ASCII to EBCDIC translation on output and error files

Ann Totten (111) | asked Feb 26 '18, 4:02 p.m.

Hello,

I am attempting to use a Command Line script to run basic UNIX shell scripts via the command line adapter in RQM.  
The command line adapter is running in a z/OS UNIX shell.    z/OS UNIX is EBCDIC based.  The script executes as expected, but the output written from the shell script to stdout & stderr gets translated to ASCII when the script completes.   Once the .out & .err are uploaded to RQM,  they are not readable.

On the test system, I see that the out & err files are empty until the shell script completes.   So, I can't copy them before the script ends and do the iconv myself.

I would very much like to be able to use RQM and the command line adapter to execute our shell tests without having to make any changes to them.

Please advise.   I've searched the forum and found a few questions relating to ASCII/EBCDIC & mvsCodePage but did not find an answer to this.

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Mar 12 '18, 7:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Ann Totten (111) | answered Mar 13 '18, 8:09 a.m.

Hello Subhajit,

I have tried with the 6.0.6M3 level and still have the same issue.
Please note that I did open a support ticket on March 1.   Per latest update, I will need to try 6.0.6M5
Thank you,  Ann

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.