It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How I can do to choose the depth of a test artifact copy with RQM 4.0.3 ?

jean-claude vauthier (22634856) | asked Jun 20 '13, 11:52 a.m.
retagged Jun 22 '13, 3:02 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
Hello,

In the News & Noteworthly tab of the RQM 4.0.3 it is written :
    You can choose the depth of a copy and choose if copy links are created during the copy. Options include a shallow copy with no references, a shallow copy with references, or a deep copy of test cases.

I have not found the way to select the depth.

Does it mean that if I copy a test plan I can choose to copy only the related test cases without copying (but just referencing) their test scripts or both the test cases and the test scripts ?  

Thanks

Jean-claude

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 21 '13, 6:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 21 '13, 6:47 a.m.
Hi Jean-Claude,

Copy depth are options and not a numerical level.  For example, copying a test case:
  • Duplicate with references. The duplicated artifacts will include links to the same artifacts as the original artifacts.   
  • Duplicate with copies. The duplicated artifacts will include links to copies of the artifacts contained by the original artifacts.   
  • Basic copy. The duplicated artifacts will not contain links to other artifacts.
[Source: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_copy_asset_while_viewing.html]
jean-claude vauthier selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
jean-claude vauthier commented Jun 21 '13, 7:21 a.m.

Thanks Paul.  Thus it is not really the depth of the copy but more copy options.  It was just to be sure that I have not missed some kind of configuration somewhere.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.