It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

.runwait command and viewing step logs inline

Rob Vanstone (546) | asked Jan 16 '13, 7:20 a.m.
Hi,

I have a weird situation.  I created a number of projects and then a parent project which I use to invoke any one of the child projects

MasterProject
  callProjectStep

ProjectA
    step1
    step2
    step3

ProjectB
    step1
    step2

ProjectC
    step1

The master project is basically a single step runwait command with a single variable ProjectName which is a pulldown list containing 3 entries (ProjectA|ProjectB|ProjectC)

When I first executed MasterProject and specified the project name (ProjectA) the output in the logs was that I saw all of the steps as follows

callProjectStep        -- passed
  step1                      --passed
  step2                      --passed
  step3                      --passed

Which was perfect.

I cleared down and tried to recreate the same, now when I execute I get a job log for Master Project and the job log for projectA is separate with only it's steps visible.  The are no longer visible from the same Job in the Completed Jobs list.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Rob

One answer

permanent link
Rob Vanstone (546) | answered Jan 16 '13, 9:13 a.m.
I think that the issue here is that when I originally did this I had an inlined project in the MasterProject.  I don't recall doing this but have recreated the experience by inlining a project.

Sorry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.