It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Import: "Reason:Not Found"

David Reilly (69742) | asked Jan 05 '18, 11:07 a.m.

I am attempting to import data from a CSV file to an existing repository as a method of updating attributes within a module. 

Commonly, I'll receive the warning message:

The following attributes were not imported:
Column: Link String
Reason: NOT_FOUND

This attribute is available (allocated in project properties) for all artifacts types. Is there a particular reason why this happens? The import succeeds, but it doesn't overwrite the existing data. I should note that this often occurs for custom attributes.

Has anyone determined why this happens or how to fix it? I'm using DNG v6.0.2.

Comments
David Reilly commented Jan 05 '18, 11:18 a.m. | edited Jan 05 '18, 12:02 p.m.

I should add the following note: 

1) After reviewing the CSV file through a text-editor, I saw that the metadata extracted from the initial export was now delimited, which could have been causing other errors. Unfortunately, this has not resolved the issue but stands to reason that it could have been contributing to my lack of success. 

2) Even if the attributes are updated properly and the import succeeds, the warning message is still visible. This makes things altogether more confusing. 

Donald Nong commented Jan 07 '18, 7:03 p.m.

Quite a few defects have been identified for the CSV import feature. Given that you're using an older version of RDNG, I would suggest you contact IBM Support to confirm whether what you observed is an existing defect or a new one.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.