It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

It is possible to create components with RQM Excel Importer?

Priya BR (175) | asked Dec 14 '17, 1:12 a.m.

Hello All,
    While exporting Test cases from excel to RQM we need an option to select existing component or to create a new component (A small pop up window to select or create a component) so that all test cases are migrated to selected component in RQM.

1> Is it possible to make above option available by using configuration file?(We use this file while exporting test cases from excel to RQM)

2>We have only installation files for RQMExcelImporter,to make this option work we might need source code for the same.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Dec 14 '17, 8:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Priya,

No configuration management is not supported by configuration file (cfg) syntax but you can select the target configuration by providing configuration URI (check working with Working with Configuration Management Enabled Project Areas). Source code for WordExcelImporter is not available but you can raise RFE to get it addressed.

Regards,
Mehul

Priya BR selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Priya BR commented Dec 20 '17, 12:49 a.m.

Hi mehul,
     Thanks for your answer, I tried the above option but component and stream which are needed are not listed. I tried copying the Link of the component within project and to access the same link in "config Uri", But i got error Please find attachment for the same.
I cannot change the component or stream path in "Config URI" manually.

Mehul Patel commented Dec 20 '17, 2:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Priya,

It should work and list all the stream accessible to logged in user. Which version are you using? There was some defect (166367) where stream with duplicate name were not appearing but it is fixed in the v605. If that's not the case then I would request you to get in touch with support or raise a defect.

Regards,
Mehul

Priya BR commented Dec 21 '17, 4:53 a.m.

Thanks Mehul,Its working

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.