It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom section id issue in RQM test case template

Ricky Jay (281126) | asked Feb 07 '17, 4:19 a.m.
Hello Techies,

I created a test case template with some custom sections and now i want to import the test case in excel through RQM Import utility.

I got the custom section ids by going to inspect element in the browser and it worked for me on local system and all the sections are imported successfully.

Now, I created a same template on another machine, got the custom section ids, updated the cfg with new ids, but when i tried to import it is creating new custom sections instead putting the information in the custom created section through template.

if we are using the same rqm url on different machines, the custom section ids doesn't remain same?

any help in this regard will be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 08 '17, 1:12 a.m.

When you said "different machines", did you refer to the server or the client?

Ricky Jay commented Feb 08 '17, 3:10 a.m.

Machines refer to the system where i am accessing the CLM.

One is the production server where CLM is installed and the different machine is my personal laptop which is connected to a client network and CLM is accessible on my machine.

I tested the cfg on my machine, now when i am using the same cfg on the production server (where CLM is installed) i am getting different custom section IDs.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Feb 08 '17, 10:52 p.m.

Hi, Ricky

If it is different custom section ids, then you would see a new section got created when exporting to RQM.

It is not clear what you mean by "Now, I created a same template on another machine". this seems to me you have two different artifacts from the template which will lead to two different custom section ids.
If you create a test case from the template in which you have got the custom sections on one machine, then accessing to this test case from another machine should not see different custom section id.
The below technote explains how to get custom section id and use it for RQMExcelImporter:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21577915

In one word, on two systems, if you access to the same artifact, then the custom section id should remain the same.
If you see different id, I guess you are referring to two different artifacts.

Ricky Jay selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ricky Jay commented Feb 09 '17, 4:02 a.m.

Hi Don, 

Thanks for the help, i was able to get the correct ids and it works perfectly now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.