It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to store and access logos in custom Attribute field.

jyoti mishra (4318) | asked Dec 13 '17, 2:43 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I want to store logos in one of the custom Attribute.I had tried this by taking custom attribute type as html and store the URL of the image in that attribute,but problem is that ,I am providing the link of the image instead of the logo itself ,because I am using HTML href. Now I want logos to be displayed instead of link in that custom attribute,and I also wanted to know how we can store image in custom attribute without storing that image at server. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (58.5k23642) | answered Dec 13 '17, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 03 '18, 5:50 a.m.

As far as I know you can not do that. RTC is a change and configuration and defect management system and not a logo management system.

The Images will not be shown in html attributes immediately.

We have looked how we could show the workflow as an image and this would require similar functionality. What has worked for us due to a side effect is described in https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 workshop version IBM Rational Jazz Collaborative Lifecycle Management Process Enactment Workshop for RTC Lab 5 :

5.6 Calculated Value to Visualize the State of the Technology Review

We had to use an attribute of type Wiki and the images had to be attachments to a work item. The side effect of the RTC UI is to show that image as far as i remember. There is no guarantee that this behavior will not change in the future.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
jyoti mishra commented Dec 13 '17, 8:00 a.m.

Thanks Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.