It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Include all DOORS links in RPE report

Jeff Miller (525) | asked Dec 12 '17, 9:19 a.m.

I have an RPE template which produces a requirements specification with all object metadata, but only some links.  At first it showed only the links from the subject module to one specific other module.  With some tweaking, I got it to show test case links (wasn't even trying for that.)  But, in either configuration, the template will not show links to other modules to which out-links exist from the subject module.  I am using RPE 6.0.5 to report against DOORS 9.6.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Dec 12 '17, 11:38 a.m.

Hi Jeff,

Could you paste screenshot of your template? If you're aware of DXL, could you check if you get links info from with DXL editor for DOORS module.

- Kumar

Jeff Miller commented Dec 12 '17, 2:37 p.m.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of how to use DXL.  I apologize that I do not yet have enough reputation points to add the image. In case it helps, I also noticed that the links that do show up are all in the same module. Is there perhaps something extra involved with showing links from more than one module?

Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Dec 12 '17, 9:52 p.m.

No problem. We'll manage it some how.

RPE ships few sample template. Take a look at DOORS doorsInnerLink.dta (RPE\templates\DOORS).

Jeff Miller commented Dec 13 '17, 3:16 p.m.

That sample template helped me determine that one of the ways I was doing it was right...but my datasource is missing references (likely stale, since it was configured by the person I took over for.)  Do you know how I can determine which schema path to enter if I replace the schema? I only know how to use discovery or the simpleDOORSSchema that the wizard suggests.

Thanks again!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.