It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Please does anyone know how to sort out duplicates in RPE?

Anthony Okodua (1326) | asked Oct 29 '18, 4:32 p.m.

Please does anyone know how to sort out duplicates in RPE? I have a report i built from JRS and i transferred it to RPE. This report is developed as parent to children. The problem i am facing is that the parent keep repeating on all the children. Is there a way to only sort the report to not repeat the parent on all the children? Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Oct 30 '18, 3:25 a.m.

Hi Anthony,

There is as far as I know no way to do that; so as quick a dirty function.

You have to adapt you RPE Template to handle that. When using table, RPE will loop automatically.
Let's say you have a container with the parent, and in this container a table with the links to children

Hope this help
erwin

Comments
Anthony Okodua commented Oct 30 '18, 2:09 p.m.

Thank you Kunz. I tried it but did not work. Thank you 

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 30 '18, 6:15 a.m.
You should be able to do this by opening the template in RPE Studio. Try setting the Row property "Once per table" to true. If that doesn't work, use a condition (_isPrinted != 1) so that it will not be printed, if already printed once.

Comments
Anthony Okodua commented Oct 30 '18, 2:06 p.m.

Thank you for getting back Prasad. 

I tried the "Once per table" already and it worked for the parent role then the children role disappear. where do i apply the condition? Thank you 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 01 '18, 7:52 a.m.
If you can share the template, it would be easy to suggest the template changes.

Anthony Okodua commented Nov 27 '18, 12:04 p.m.

Prasad,

How do i share the template here? I only see "Insert Image" and "Create Link" please help. Thank you

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 27 '18, 12:24 p.m.

You can upload it somewhere and share the link.

Anthony Okodua commented Nov 27 '18, 1:06 p.m.

Do you have any idea where i can upload and get the link? Something you have tried and worked? I have not had to upload template but i have sent via email. Thank you

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.