It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE Template on RTC - Configuration metadata for variables

Simona 81 (1314) | asked Jul 18 '17, 12:33 p.m.

Hi to all,
I'm deploying for the first time a RPE template in RTC (RTC 6.0.3, RPE 2.1.1). The report works well on RPE client.
I've read IBM documentation but I've not understood very well.
For example, in my report I've an external variable,called Program, that I use for a filter, it must match with the category values, so I'd like to customize metadata of variable so the user when runs the report will have the list of Category and he has not to digit it manually.

I've done so for the data source:
${public}/rpt/repository/workitem

I've done so for the variable:
Type: string
Request URL: ${public}/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem/(category/name)
Identifier: nothing
Display: nothing

The result was that when I call the report in the variable Program there is the string: ${public}/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem/(category/name).

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Simona

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jul 18 '17, 1:34 p.m.

Hi Simona,

Please configure "Program" variable as below:
Request URL: ${public}/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/category/name
Identifier: /workitem/category/name
Display: /workitem/category/name

Note that ${public}/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/category/name will return all the category names. By setting Identifier and Display XPath expressions, list of category names is shown to user and the same is assigned to the varible.

Also note the difference between fields=workitem/category and fields=workitem/workItem/category. The latter will return only those categories that have one or more WorkItems assigned to them.

You may find below blog useful:
https://rpeactual.com/2015/12/18/configuring-rpe-template-to-generate-documents-from-rtc/

You can find a basic sample RPE template in the answer from https://jazz.net/forum/questions/234776/how-can-i-use-rpe-to-report-on-a-single-rtc-work-item

Simona 81 selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Simona 81 commented Jul 19 '17, 9:21 a.m.

Thank you very much! You're great :))) It works fine.
Now I've tried another thing but there is something wrong yet.
If I want to display just categories of the project area where the user is running report...
I' ve done so:
Request URL:

${public}/rpt/repository/workitem?fields= workitem/projectArea=${projectAreaUUID}

Identifier: /workitem/category/name
Display: /workitem/category/name

Where am I wrong?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jul 19 '17, 1:44 p.m. | edited Jul 19 '17, 1:45 p.m.

Change the Request URL to
${public}/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/category[projectArea/itemId=${projectAreaUUID}]/name
This would list the categories in the project area from where user runs the report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.