It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can an RTC Plan be filtered/scoped to show items from a select fews sub-iterations?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Nov 29 '17, 5:59 p.m.
retagged Jan 04 '18, 9:20 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

We are using RTC 6.0.3 and have a desire to configure a plan to show only work items that are planned for two sub-iterations of a parent iteration.  I have looked at several options but nothing seems to work.  The Plan Scope doesn't allow scoping the plan by planned for.  Using an Exclude rule doesn't seem to work as you cannot exclude based on !plannedFor:iter1 or !plannedFor:iter2.  The odd thing is that the expression syntax supports an or type interpreation in some circumstances.  In particular, when using an expression to control colorization of items in a plan, if you include two plannedFor entries in the one expression it is treated as an or.  The exclude option doesn't appear to support this.

Does anyone have a work-around for this or should I submit a request for an enhancement?

We have cases where we want to do similar filtering based on other attributes, including some custom attributes of type iteration (the Proposed attribute in the SAFE template).

Thanks,
Jamie.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 01 '17, 4:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just had a very short look at it. For all I can tell, NOT (!) does not seem to be working really.
You can add multiple excludes for planned for with the iteration selected. This works like an OR.

So you can add excludes for each planned for you don't want to see. You can add multiple excludes for all the iterations you don't want to see.

However, the plan will still show all sub iterations. It will just not show work items that are excluded by planned for.

This might also be easier in the Quick Planner.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.