It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set order of State Groups in Taskboard

Marc van Lint (852129) | asked Oct 03 '14, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Oct 13 '14, 4:00 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
In RTC you can define the various State Groups. These are visible in the Taskboard. How can I define the ORDER of the newly created states.

I see now (from left to right):
State Group 3
State Group 2
State Group 4
State Group 1

I want to order that into:
State Group 1
State Group 2
State Group 3
State Group 4

Comments
Marc van Lint commented Oct 06 '14, 9:16 a.m. | edited Nov 19 '15, 1:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, I found it. It works. Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 04 '14, 8:46 a.m.
open the Process specification source and change the order in the stategroup table for that workitem

<configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workflow" final="false" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workflow">
                <stateGroupDefinition category="closed" id="closed" name="Closed" oslcGroup="oslc-closed"/>
                <stateGroupDefinition category="open" id="open" name="Open"/>
                <stateGroupDefinition category="inprogress" id="inprogress" name="In Progress" oslcGroup="oslc-inprogress"/>
                <stateGroupDefinition category="closed" id="verified" name="Verified" oslcGroup="oslc-verified"/>
                <stateGroupDefinition category="open" id="sg5" name="my group"/>
Marc van Lint selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Chauviere commented Sep 16 '15, 6:57 a.m. | edited Nov 19 '15, 1:42 a.m.

Hello,

I would like also to do that, but I do not know where I can find this 'Process specification source' ?

Appreciate your help,

sam detweiler commented Sep 16 '15, 7:13 a.m.

using Eclipse, Open Project, select the Process Configuration Source tab

Benjamin Chauviere commented Sep 16 '15, 9:36 a.m.

Thanks Sam but actually I'm an RTC end user, I'm just using RTC by accessing the URL https://igartc03.swg.usma.ibm.com/ my project. Do you mean that if I download Eclipse I can export setting from RTC and re-import then?

I will appreciate any guidelines for setting up Eclipse,
Thank you

sam detweiler commented Sep 16 '15, 9:41 a.m.

you cannot change the content via the web.  also, it affects all users of that project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.