It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Recover deleted RTC Stream

Aron Sajan Philip (155) | asked Feb 05 '13, 10:10 a.m.
retagged Oct 06 '17, 4:21 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi,

Recently I have accidentally deleted one stream in my RTC Repository. Unfortunately I didn't find any explicit option in RTC to restore it back. When I have explored about this issue more in the internet, I found that re-creating the stream back from the Workspace is possible. However that doesn't work for me, since my local workspace doesn't have all the components loaded from the deleted stream.

Precisely speaking, I am searching for some Recycle Bin like option implemented in RTC for recovering my data back.

Please help me to restore my deleted stream back in place.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Feb 06 '13, 6:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Aron,
I found this article that describes how to recover a deleted stream:  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21410691 .
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Oct 05 '17, 11:51 p.m. | edited Oct 12 '17, 3:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you selected the "Create a backup snapshot associated to a workspace" in the Delete Snapshot dialog, then you can re-build a stream or repository workspace from that snapshot in order to recover the stream such that it has all the same 'content' as when it was deleted. If however you selected "Just delete the stream (content cannot be recovered)", then as the label suggests, there is no way to recover the exact content that was in the stream when it was deleted.
Note: In both cases, when creating a new stream, you will have to 'set' the name/description/owner/visibility all over again - so hopefully you remember what values those had.

Note: It's worthwhile to be aware that when components are removed/replaced from a stream or workspace (I'm not talking about deleting a stream here), then a backup baseline will be created behind the scenes (as long as the component is not part of a component hierarchy). You could then restore each component to that baseline in the future if needed. Also, there's a new "Operation History" feature that was added in 6.0.4 that can be used to restore a workspace to a previous state.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.