It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can i add a button in workitem 's value which select all the enumeration value by one click

Gagan Kumar (53280) | asked Nov 22 '17, 9:35 p.m.

Suppose i create a custom attribute and add enumeration which  contain 20 values and add that attribute in workitem as checkbox.

If any user want to select all the value in one click rather then click one by one

How can i  add select all button in that attribute

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 24 '17, 4:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 24 '17, 4:48 a.m.

The only way to achieve that would be to create some kind of custom editor presentation. I am not a fan and think this is all pretty outdated, but here the links I know (from here https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/interesting-links/ ).

Otherwise
1. Add a value to represent "all"
2. Try not to use checkbox and try to select all values. I have not tried that myself

Finally, there are limits of what you can do with such UI's and how complex such UIs/workflows can (and should) be.
It is always best to stay on the simple side. Some stuff is just impossible, impractical or won't work with humans. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/rtc-process-customization-what-you-can-and-cannot-do/ for some hints.

Some will never learn. I have seen users ask how to automatically fill in attributes that are mandatory. That, to me, says it all. People put in useless mandatory attributes to implement a useless workflow and then try to automate the mandatory data. This only says the mandatory data should not have been in the tool/process, should have not been mandatory and should maybe been created in a reporting process.

Comments
Stephen Woo commented Nov 24 '17, 12:58 p.m. | edited Nov 25 '17, 10:34 a.m.

Ralph, I like your advice. By the way, I was able to do your #2 in 6.0.5. Have a great day. 

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 27 '17, 2:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for giving it a try Stephen.

permanent link
Stephen Woo (96110) | answered Nov 22 '17, 10:19 p.m.
 Hi Gagan,
I could be wrong. I could not configure RTC (6.0.3) to have a single button to select all.
I offer a possible work-around that you might consider.
Have the project admin to edit the presentation to be "Checkbox Enumeration List"
The user can then edit the attribute and use Left-Mouse-Click to select the first literal and Shift-Left-Mouse-Click to select all the literals in between the two clicks.
Perhaps you can try this.
Good luck.
swoo

Comments
Gagan Kumar commented Nov 23 '17, 6:14 a.m.

Hi Stephen

To Reference of your second Screenshot

that is not Checkbox which i can see in second Screenshot.

I want to add button which will select all the values of that attribute in one click rather then click individually click all the values one by one

i hope you got my Question.

Stephen Woo commented Nov 23 '17, 2:37 p.m.
Hi Gagan,
Thanks for clarifying. I don't have a direct answer to your question. Good luck. I had hoped that this is still an enumeration list that you can select all.
Another very stupid workaround is to do an CSV roundtrip and import all the selected values. This is so inconvenient though.
Have a good day.
swoo

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.