It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC user access management

GURVINDER SOKHI (731340) | asked Nov 10 '17, 8:57 a.m.

my client proposes to have a custom RTC role called "RTC_AccessAdmin" with specific RTC permissions used exclusively by projects to add/remove and change roles at RTC Project or Team Area level. That works well but there is one issue, let me explain.

In total there are around 5 different RTC custom role defined .i.e RTC_AccessAdmin, Stakeholder, Developer, Project_Admin and ReleaseManager.  the custom Project_Admin role is designed to be role with greater powers which we don’t want someone  with RTC_AccessAdmin role to assign another user.  

In simple terms, A user with RTC_AccessAdmin role should not be allowed to assign another user with Project_Admin role.

I cant see out of box way to specify above pre-condition restriction. Is it possible to implement custom pre-condition via a process template change ? or will this require a custom plug-in deployed on the server side  ?

Any suggestions and tips appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 12 '17, 5:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This will require a custom plug-in deployed on the server.

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Nov 21 '17, 1:06 p.m.

Hi Geoffery, would appreciate some guidance on developing custom plug-in deployed on server side. Are you able to share details on steps required to create custom plugin for this user case?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 21 '17, 1:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.