It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC-DNG 6.X How to export a specific project area?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Nov 09 '17, 5:20 p.m.
edited Nov 10 '17, 2:20 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hello, 

is there any way to export specific project area for DNG?
right now I can export the entire server with repotoiols export, but I just want specific project area, and import it in an environment that has other projects areas.  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Nov 16 '17, 5:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 16 '17, 5:37 a.m.

Project Templates can be used to export the whole project and then import the project into another DOORS Next Generation system.

1. Settings > Manage Project Properties > Template > Project Template > New Template
2. Create a new project template that include Artifacts, Artifact Templates, Module Templates, Artifact Types and Attributes, Links between Artifacts, Link Types, Folder Structure, Tags, Shared Views, Preferred Link Types.
3. Download the project template
4. (another DOORS Next Generation server) Upload this project template
5. (another DOORS Next Generation server) Create a new project off this project template.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Nov 16 '17, 5:45 p.m.

Thank  you, I have uploaded the project template, now how can I create a new project off this project template?

Howard Hsiao commented Nov 19 '17, 10:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

After you click on "Create Project Area", in step 2, tick "Use a template to initially populate the project", and you will see a list of project templates to create the project area from.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.