It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can i ristrict the user that they would only change those artifact in DNG which are linked in assigned WorkItem

Sunny Kumar (531588) | asked Oct 27 '17, 5:54 a.m.

I am Using DNG & RTC with enable Global Configuration . Suppose i have assign an workitem to a user and linked 1 artifact of DNG from 1 Module.

I want , User can only Modify that Linked Artifact not whole Document .

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Nov 01 '17, 1:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Gagan, when you say "User can only Modify that Linked Artifact not whole Document", with document you mean the module?

Anyway, DNG is a collaboration tool, and that implies that the tool is not that granular with its permissions to limit operations on specific artifacts for specific users.
You can assign permissions to specific roles for users, and create subteams with users, that can only edit artifacts in folders that are assigned to that subteam, but doing that with one or more artifacts in a module is not possible I think.

Comments
Sunny Kumar commented Nov 09 '17, 6:16 a.m.
Thank you Bas for reply

Suppose there is 1000artifact in a module i can't create 1000 teamarea for individual artifact

I have created team area as per module
I have 10 module so i have created 10 team area 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.