It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot add link type Validated By to Business Requirement and System Requirement types in DOORS NG.

Scott Ankrum (25613) | asked May 17 '17, 9:55 a.m.

I created a project in DOORS NG, added a module and some Business and System requirements.  The project was created with the Traditional template.  I was able to create Validated By links to test cases I created in a QM project.  I created another DOORS NG project with the Traditional template and a new QM project of the same name.  After creating some modules and requirements in the new project and a few test cases in the new QM project, I tried to create Validated By links from some Business Requirements and System Requirements to related test cases, by the Validated By link was not available.  It is listed in the Link Types under Project properties, but when I go to Artifact Types and select one of the types I am using, it is not available to add in the Preferred Link Types to add list.  How do I add Validated By to the requirement Artifact Types that I need?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered May 17 '17, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you associate the DNG and QM projects? That is manage the project area > Overview tab > Associations section (at the bottom) where you can link the link the project areas

Scott Ankrum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Scott Ankrum commented May 17 '17, 12:25 p.m.
Thank you Bas.  That seems to be what I needed to know. 
This is another vote for "The product needs a manual." The online documentation is very sparse, and I saw no mention of associating projects. 

Bas Bekker commented May 17 '17, 1:29 p.m. | edited May 17 '17, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Somewhat agree. I like the videos on youtube though.
Look for the IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation playlist,  or the IBM Jazz channel.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.