It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area not visible for JazzProjectAdmin

Harald Horber (112) | asked Jul 10 '19, 5:48 a.m.

I am assigned as JazzProjectAdmin on jts. I can see and access PA on my DNG application instance, on the same server in different application instance I can not see and access PAs. Do I need to be a member in at least one PA on this other application instance?

Comments
Harald Horber commented Jul 10 '19, 6:48 a.m.

different DNG application instance means different DNG server at same JTS.

2 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Jul 10 '19, 7:25 a.m.
edited Jul 10 '19, 7:40 a.m.
You will only see PAs that you are actually a member of unless you click on 'all projects'.

If you click on 'all projects' then you will see all project areas, even ones that you are not a member of.

And you should be able to add yourself as a member to those projects if you are a JazzAdmin. Not sure about JazzProjectAdmin.

If you click on 'my projects' then you will only see projects that you are a member of again.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 10 '19, 9:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 10 '19, 9:35 a.m.

Only users with the Repository Role JazzAdmin are able to see all project areas. Even the ones they do not have explicit read access to.

I think the ones where the Access Control is not Everyone and you are not in the access list you can only see if you are JazzAdmin.

Especially the ones with "No one (repository administrators only)" can only be seen by JazzAdmin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.