It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Cases uploding from Excel to RQM error

Vijayveer Reddy (17627) | asked Apr 04 '16, 9:06 a.m.
Hi Team,

Request your help,
When i am trying to upload the Test Cases from Excel to RQM, i am facing error " Invalid credentials or Please check the user name and password".

Infact Project URL and my credentials are correct..

I have MS Office 365 Pro Plus,
CLM version is 6.0
Excel importer Version is 6.0(even i tried with 5.0.2 version but same error).

may i know is there any compatible  issues between RQM and MS Office.

Request your help in solving this.

Thanking You...!

2 answers

permanent link
Joao Carusi (263314) | answered Apr 04 '16, 3:21 p.m.
HI,

- What userid are you using in RQM Excel Export tool ?

a) Is this user member of the project area that you are trying to import data ?

b) What are the "Repository Permissions" and "Client Access Licenses" for the user that is facing the issue
 - https://<server>:<port>/qm/admin
 - Users > Active yours > Your user
 - Send a screenshot of "Repository Permissions" & "Client Access Licenses"

c) What are the "Process Roles"  for the user that is facing the issue
 - https://<server>:<port>/qm/admin
Project Area ->Active Project Area > Your project area >  Overview -> Members -> <user> -> send a screenshot of "Process Roles"

- Is it possible to try it using another machine / MS office version?

Comments
Vijayveer Reddy commented Apr 05 '16, 12:13 a.m. | edited Apr 05 '16, 12:17 a.m.

Hi Joao,

The user Id which i am using is valid,
This userid is having( Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional-Floating) License and with groups <label for="JazzUsersCheckBox"> JazzUsers </label> <label for="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox"> JazzProjectAdmins </label> .

I am not able to paste the Screen shot.

I have the Admin Roles to the Project Area.

My colleagues can able to up lode the Test Cases, as they are having MS Office 2013 Version.

Thanking You...!

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Apr 04 '16, 11:26 p.m.
edited Apr 04 '16, 11:28 p.m.
I would check if URI used in ExcelImporter is correct or not first. The default one may be not correct in your environment
and it should be https://server:port/qmrootcontext (such as qm or jazz). Using this same URI in a browser, you should be able to login with your user and pwd.

2nd thing to check is C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Mso2Rqm(supposed you are using Win7) and see if the log has any further info.

If nothing is significant above(URI correct and no more info in the log), it is very likely MS Office 365 is not supported(tested). It is a cloud based version and I think Importer is not tested with it.As Joao suggested, trying with another desktop office such as MS office 2010 or 2013 would help.

Comments
Vijayveer Reddy commented Apr 05 '16, 12:16 a.m.

Hello Don,

I can able to login to the Project area With the URI which i am providing in the Excel Importer.

I can see the log Information in the path that you have provided.

Hope the issue is because of MS Office Pro365.

Thanking You...!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.