It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

suiteelement elementindex not updating with RQMUrlUtility

Robert Huet (23113984) | asked Oct 24 '17, 2:32 p.m.

I'm trying to update the order of my test cases in my test suite using the RQMUrlUtility (because the RQM Excel Importer provides no provision for ordering test cases in test suites).

After doing a successful GET on my testsuite, I edit the following property for the 3 test cases contained in the test suite: <ns2:suiteelement elementindex="0">

While I get a successful (200) return from my PUT request, the Execution Order values in RQM are not updated.  Is this not supported, or am I doing something wrong?  My commandline looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin\java" -jar RQMUrlUtility.jar -command PUT -user myid -password pwd -filepath rqm_get_suite_87.xml -url 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Oct 27 '17, 5:48 a.m.

Doing it the other way round should work. That is, keep the "elementindex" value, but change the associated test case ID. In other words, list the test cases in the order that you want, ignoring the "elementindex" value.

Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Oct 27 '17, 9:27 a.m.

That worked!  Thanks Don!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.