It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Impact of Removing the data warehouse set up in production evironment

aastha khatri (22619) | asked Sep 27 '17, 2:43 a.m.

hi,
We are using RTC CCM application from last 5-6 years. We have a DB2 10.1 data warehouse system. We need to migrate the DB2 10.1 to 11.1 but we are having space issues in the server hence not able to take the backup.
So our team has decided to shutdown the data warehouse.What will be the impact of removing this old data warehouse system.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Sep 28 '17, 12:02 a.m.

Hi Aastha,

If you are using reports including ones in dashboard, these report will no longer display the result. Here is the list of pre-defined reports.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/r_report_templates_oob.html

The ones with DW are BIRT-based which are retrieving data from data warehouse. So they will be no longer available. Also other type of reports below will be affected too:
- Cognos-based (or Business intelligence) reports which are created in Rational Insight or RRDI
- JRS (or Report Builder) reports

Note: these reports might be imported into CCM dashboard.

The below are not affected because they are not retrieving data from data warehouse:
- Document-style (or RRDG, Live report) report which is created in Rational Publishing Engine
- Reports using LQE data source

aastha khatri selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
aastha khatri commented Sep 28 '17, 3:12 a.m.

Thank you so much for quick response. I have to upgrade my data warehouse which is running on DB2 10.1 to DB2 11.1 . Can I reproduce the data warehouse with database and tablespaces backup ? In case I my upgrade fails is there a way I can create data warehouse again?

Kenji Sarai commented Sep 28 '17, 11:39 p.m.

You can recreate a new data warehouse easily, even if you lose the old one. Just run a full ETL job (data collection job) to load data into new data warehouse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.