It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a "related" link type automatically using a script?

Michael Alberda (2311648) | asked Sep 26 '17, 8:23 a.m.

Good Day,

I have an issue where I have created custom link types between work items using a plugin. The issue I have is the custom links are not copied to the data-warehouse and the client is required to report on these.

I am currently busy creating a program that pulls the work items with custom links into a spreadsheet which can then be imported into Cognos.

However, as a workaround. I would like to write a script (or any other method) so that when the user adda a work item as a custom link, the same work item is also added as the "related" link type automatically. This will allow us to report on those work items and their relationships for the time being.

Are there any plans to have custom links copied to the DW in the future releases? We are currently running v6.0 with iFix11.

I have previously asked a question relating to this:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/230366/please-advise-how-or-when-custom-links-can-be-used-for-reporting

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Michael.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 26 '17, 10:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 26 '17, 10:42 p.m.

Custom links are not reportable and I have not heard about plans to make that work.

The work around douse not sound like a good idea for various reasons, e.g how to handle manual changes.
If you want to do it anyway, the only solution that comes into my mind would be a follow up action Java Server extension.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.