It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ant project using RTC Buildtoolkit from Jenkins

Sudipto Sarkar (631343) | asked Sep 22 '17, 3:43 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to run an Ant custom project which use RTC buildtoolkit, Currently, I run this project as a build definition in rtc with scheduled days. I want to achieve the same using a Jenkins job.

My custom custom project is a Jar and has a build.xml. This jar and build.xml is placed under RTC buildtoolkit folder That I have installed in my machine. I have created a new build definition and added xml file link with some properties. Now I want to run the same using Jenkins. Is it possible.

I went through this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/350.  Is it a right approach? or is there other way?

Regards, Sudipto

One answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Sep 25 '17, 2:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The approach mentioned in the article doesn't need certain steps if you use the Team Concert Plugin in the Jenkins job and associate it with a build definition in RTC,

1. The startTeamBuild, teamAccept, teamFetch and workItemPublisher tasks are not required since the Team Concert Plugin will start a build result, accept changes and load the repository workspace associated with the build definition.
2. The linkPublisher task to publish the Jenkins build link to the build result is not required.
3. The completeTeamBuild task is not required since the Team Concert Plugin will complete the build result.

You have to pass -lib <path to RTC build toolkit> and the buildResultUUID environment variable to the Ant invocation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.