It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I fix Jenkins Team Concert Plugin java.lang.IllegalArgumentException at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Shareable.(Shareable.java:72)?

Carlton Henderson (1333) | asked Dec 12 '13, 4:14 p.m.
edited Dec 13 '13, 3:19 a.m.
I have Jenkins 1.509.2 with Team Concert Plugin 1.0.12 and RTC Build Toolkit 4.0.4 and when I run a build (linked to an RTC Build Definition) it does the Checkout (accept + load/synchronize) once or twice, but around the third build I start getting the error and I will get it on every build until I wipe the Jenkins workspace clean. What's wrong? I am seeing the same behaviour on two different unix platforms (Mac OSX, Linux X64).

RTC : checkout...
RTC Checkout : Source control setup
RTC Checkout : Accepting changes into workspace "Build-MacOSX Workspace" ...
RTC Checkout : Fetching files to fetch destination "/Users/foo/jenkins/workspace/Build-MacOSX" ...
FATAL: RTC : checkout failure: null
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Shareable.<init>(Shareable.java:72)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingManager.getLocalFileStorage(SharingManager.java:1080)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator$4.run(MergeLoadMutator.java:1603)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingManager.doSilentChange(SharingManager.java:775)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.deleteSubtree(MergeLoadMutator.java:1568)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.removeExtraneousContent(MergeLoadMutator.java:972)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.load(MergeLoadMutator.java:819)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.execute(MergeLoadMutator.java:313)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.load(LoadOperation.java:1047)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation$1.run(LoadOperation.java:664)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingManager.runWithinFileSystemLock(SharingManager.java:935)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:164)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:144)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.execute(LoadOperation.java:695)
	at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:678)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.rtc.RepositoryConnection.checkout(RepositoryConnection.java:429)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.rtc.RTCFacade.checkout(RTCFacade.java:410)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCFacadeFactory$RTCFacadeWrapper.invoke(RTCFacadeFactory.java:96)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCCheckoutTask.invoke(RTCCheckoutTask.java:110)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCCheckoutTask.invoke(RTCCheckoutTask.java:31)
	at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:2387)
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
	at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:326)
	at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
ERROR: RTC : checkout failure: null
It seems to be very consistent about failing on the third build after wiping the jenkins workspace.

Here is some output from the RTC Log right before one of the failed checkouts:
Dec 13, 2013 3:07:21 AM com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCScm
FINER: checkout : Build-MacOSX #5 duff Load directory="/space/jenkins/workspace/Build-MacOSX" Build tool="RTC-Build-Toolkit-4.0.4-Installed-Automatically-by-Jenkins" Local Build toolkit="./RTC-buildtoolkit-4.0.4/jazz/buildsystem/buildtoolkit" Node Build toolkit="/space/jenkins/tools/RTC-buildtoolkit-4.0.4/jazz/buildsystem/buildtoolkit/jazz/buildsystem/buildtoolkit" Server URI="https://[redacted]" Userid="[redacted]" Authenticating with c:\[redacted] Build definition="Build-MacOSX" Build workspace="null" useBuildDefinitionInBuild="true" Baseline Set name="Build-MacOSX #5"

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Dec 13 '13, 10:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Carleton,

It looks like this could happen if the file to be purged doesn't exist. Assuming that the file did exist when the list of files to delete was obtained, that would indicate that the file was deleted before the mutator got to it. Is there symbolic links in the tree you are loading?

Regardless, can you open a work item against RTC/Source Control for this?

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

Thanks,
Michael

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Dec 13 '13, 2:07 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Carlton Henderson commented Dec 13 '13, 2:30 p.m.

OH! I just opened one - Defect 294710, I'll close it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.