It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Hudson Jenkins integration

Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | asked Nov 27 '13, 8:37 a.m.
 I have 2 questions concerning the RTC - Hudson integration (I want to request a Jenkins build from RTC).
  1. which ports should we open on the firewall in order to let RTC establish a connection with the Hudson server? Just the deafult port 8080 or any other?
  2. does RTC need that a JBE is active on the Hudson server? Or is RTC able to submit a build request directly to Hudson?
My RTC version is 4.0.4

Comments
Luca Martinucci commented Nov 27 '13, 9:44 a.m.

As a matter of fact, I don't intend to install the RTC plugin for Hudson; instead I intend to define a Hudson build engine (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.build.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_hudson_build_eng.html) and a Hudson build definition (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.build.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_hudson_build_def.html) in RTC and run a Hudson job through them.
Is this possible without installing a JBE on the Hudson server? 

sam detweiler commented Nov 27 '13, 9:51 a.m.

correct, you do not need the RTC plugin. you define jobs in Jenkins.
then link the RTC Build def to them.

the RTC plugins help on the source extract part of the build.  You can do it all with Ant too..

my tool used RTC plugin to extract the latest source. and Ant to build.

Luca Martinucci commented Nov 27 '13, 10:19 a.m.

Thanks. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 27 '13, 9:19 a.m.
2. JBE is not required. RTC plugin can start a Hudson job, and get status, etc..
    I use this for non-java application builds
1. I 'think' its only whatever port you have the Jenkins system setup on, default 8080
Luca Martinucci selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nick Edgar commented Nov 27 '13, 11:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That's correct.  The RTC server only uses the port configured in the Hudson/Jenkins build engine.  JBE isn't required, but if you need to load source from RTC that needs to be done from something on the Hudson/Jenkins side; the server-to-server integration is incapable of driving that.  We recommend using the Team Concert plugin for this, which does require the Build System Toolkit to be installed on the Jenkins side.  See the tutorial and video near the bottom of that wiki page.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.