It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change Font in Print Module book template in DNG?

Rohini Kumar (92853) | asked Sep 11 '17, 7:15 a.m.

Hi Team,

I want to set Calibri font in Module book template in report in DNG
I am changing Font in Module book template but it cant reflect after exporting report.
how can I change font in DNG report?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 11 '17, 1:52 p.m.

Hi Amruta,

You can see that in the corresponding Word template (printModuleBook.doc under <JazzTeamServerHome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word) ArialUnicodeMS fonts are used, which you need to change to Calibri.
Please try these steps:
1. Take a back up copy of printModuleBook.doc (and place it in a different folder).
2. Set the fonts to Calibri and save the Word template.
3. Open https://<clmserver>:9443/rm/publish/initialize in browser.
After this, you should see Calibri font in the report.

Rohini Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Sep 12 '17, 6:10 a.m.

I have done above mentioned steps ,but when I am export the requirements using print module book,done changes could not be shown, 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 12 '17, 8:04 a.m.

You mentioned that you have changed the fonts in template (.dta file). You can see several styles in RPE template (Body, BodyCell, Normal, SubTitle, Title, etc.) in Outline view, which are applied to the template. You can select "Edit Style" and change "font family" for all styles as well.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 18 '17, 2:09 a.m.

I am changing font in dta filei n  RPE using editing an existing style in outline and also  Open https://<clmserver>:9443/rm/publish/initialize in browser. but after exporting changes doesn't reflects.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 19 '17, 1:51 a.m.

Hi Subramanya, I am changing font Calibri in font family ,i am working on it lots,but it didn't shown in DNG print module book report,by default Arial Unicode MS font shown,why font doesn't change,please correct me

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 19 '17, 12:52 p.m.

Please try the RRDG and Word templates from the folder. If you still see issues, please provide the Word output so that I can check which section needs to be changed.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 20 '17, 2:03 a.m.

Thanks Subramanya ,
I tried in both RRDG and word template ,the main issue is that I set Calibri font in RPE as like u said ,in Print Module Book Heading and index content set as calibri font but main content like artifacts didn't changed,it set as Arial and Times New Roman,where I will provide word output?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 20 '17, 2:42 a.m.

Are you sure you have changed the .dta file as well? I have changed the fonts in RPE template. Just for testing, insert some "SAMPLE TEST" text and see if it comes in output.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 20 '17, 2:54 a.m.

yes I have done .can I share with you both .dta and doc file,?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 20 '17, 11:16 a.m.

I just tried at my end. I can see that the fonts are ArialUnicodeMS.

We should also modify all the styles in Word stylesheet. You can check this in the Word output - please verify the font for each style. You can rather use a new stylesheet instead of modifying existing printModuleBook.doc.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 20 '17, 9:20 p.m.

Thanks Subramanya,All changes are done, only artifact  content not be changed,where i will change style for artifact content in RRDG or word

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 22 '17, 2:48 p.m.

Before replacing the .doc and .dta files, please set "publish.Font" property to blank in https://<server>:9443/rm/admin. Else DNG will update the stylesheet by setting Fonts to ArialUnicodeMS.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 23 '17, 2:15 p.m.

Even changing the property did not work. Will check with DNG team and update.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 26 '17, 12:12 a.m.

Hello Subramanya,I done it earlier,changed the property,but it doesn't work

Rohini Kumar commented Oct 03 '17, 1:07 a.m.

Can we change default font  of artifact i.e Arial in DNG?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Oct 04 '17, 11:54 p.m.

"publish.Font" property does not seem to work. You can raise a defect against DNG.

Rohini Kumar commented Dec 12 '17, 5:59 a.m.

The font has been changed i.e. Arial to Calibri using writting a macro in word document template.

Thank you Subramanya for support.

showing 5 of 16 show 11 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Krunal Gaoli (67869) | answered Sep 13 '17, 3:30 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

I am having the same issue but I am not using RPE. I have to perform it using MS-Word only, Is there any other way to do that?

Best Regards,
Krunal.

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 13 '17, 1:23 p.m.

Hi Krunal,
Since the styles are applied in RPE template, you need RPE Studio to modify the template.

Krunal Gaoli commented Sep 15 '17, 12:42 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Krunal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.