It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How is my HTTP Get request to query for DNG artifacts failing with 6.0.3 where it worked in 6.0.2?


Chandrasekhar Puliroju (133) | asked Apr 18 '17, 10:55 a.m.

I am attempting to send an HTTP Get request to query for DNG artifacts.  I am trying to do this at a project level and just get all the requirement artifacts back.  I have a library that creates these requests and works perfectly for 6.0.2 but fails for 6.0.3 with similar setup.  GC is not enabled.  Should there be something else provided in the GET request that I am missing? 


Here is my HTTP Get request:
GET oslc-clm.dspace.de:9443/rm/views?oslc.query=true&projectURL=https%3A%2F%2Foslc-clm.dspace.de%3A9443%2Frm%2Fprocess%2Fproject-areas%2F_gLIyoA4_Eeenb8He39gWBw?oslc.paging=true&oslc.pageSize=100&oslc.select=* HTTP/1.1

I get a 400 Bad Request which follows:
<rdf:RDF
  <rdf:Description>
    <err:detailedMessage rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >java.lang.RuntimeException: Component Feature is enabled but a Project URI was submitted as the component URI. Could not safely compute the Component URI for the Type System as no local configuration was supplied and there may be &gt;1 Component associated with the Project..  (More info found at entry [aab7bf171ac589b0] in the RM application server log)</err:detailedMessage>
    <err:errorMessage rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Falsche Anforderung</err:errorMessage>
    <err:errorStatus rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#long"
    >400</err:errorStatus>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

I have a full fiddler log of my procedure if it is helpful.  Is this a bug introduced in 6.0.3 or should I be sending the request differently?


Comments
Chandrasekhar Puliroju commented Apr 18 '17, 11:23 a.m.

 I have also tried the following HTTP Get request and get a bad request with the same error message:


oslc.query = true
oslc.pageSize = 100
oslc.prefix = dcterms=<http://purl.org/dc/terms/>
oslc.select = *

Accepted answer


permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k69) | answered Apr 18 '17, 3:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chandrasekhar,

I believe your request should look like my "Updated" one below (the ? should be changed to an & before oslc.paging).  If I use your example, I get the same error but mine works ok.  Maybe your library is doing something different, as I'm not sure this would have worked in a previous version either. 

Original:

GET oslc-clm.dspace.de:9443/rm/views?oslc.query=true&projectURL=https%3A%2F%2Foslc-clm.dspace.de%3A9443%2Frm%2Fprocess%2Fproject-areas%2F_gLIyoA4_Eeenb8He39gWBw?oslc.paging=true&oslc.pageSize=100&oslc.select=

Updated:

GET oslc-clm.dspace.de:9443/rm/views?oslc.query=true&projectURL=https%3A%2F%2Foslc-clm.dspace.de%3A9443%2Frm%2Fprocess%2Fproject-areas%2F_gLIyoA4_Eeenb8He39gWBw&oslc.paging=true&oslc.pageSize=100&oslc.select=

Chandrasekhar Puliroju selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Silverman commented Apr 18 '17, 3:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It looks like the asterisk at the very end (&oslc.select=*) was removed.  That seems to be a formatting issue with the forum and not something I removed intentionally.


Chandrasekhar Puliroju commented Apr 19 '17, 10:18 a.m.

 Thanks! I am in contact with the developer who implements the creation of these query GET requests.  He will need to modify his code in order for me to test with this correction but I will communicate results when this is done!


1
Chandrasekhar Puliroju commented Apr 27 '17, 2:19 p.m.

 That fixed it, thanks!

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.