It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

finding the Project Template applied on a Project Area DNG

Marie-Emilie Bion (3510) | asked Apr 11 '22, 9:22 a.m.
Hello,
To create a project area in DNG (ALM 6.0.6), the tool first ask for a process template and then, needs the project template (once "explore Project" is chosen in the admin menu "manage this project area").
When all is done, how can we see which Project Template has been applied ?
I looked for this option everywhere in the tool without findind this information (the admin menu "manage Templates" lists all existing process templates, but does not give the wanted information)

3 answers

permanent link
Marie-Emilie Bion (3510) | answered Apr 11 '22, 11:03 a.m.

Since the first answer doesn't take into account the exact subject, does anyone from the Jazz community have a solution?

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.1k613) | answered Apr 12 '22, 4:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

AFAIK you can't tell which project template has been applied, except manually by examination of the content and comparison with the templates

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 11 '22, 10:29 a.m.
edited Apr 11 '22, 10:30 a.m.

You open the project area you are interested in. Then you use the cog wheel and select Manage this Project Area. On the overview tab find the information you search for in the second section from the top called Process.

PS: DNG usually has only one predefined process template.
PPS: This works for all apps that have a process.

Comments
Marie-Emilie Bion commented Apr 11 '22, 11:03 a.m.
Unfortunatly, my question is about the PROJECT template (applied once the PA is created), and not the process one.
Nevertheless, Thank you Ralph for your help.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 11 '22, 11:14 a.m. | edited Apr 11 '22, 11:15 a.m.

I am unable to find a reference to a term PROJECT template in DOORS Next. The only other concept is the template for the type system. This has nothing to do with the project area administration, as it is configured using Manage Project Properties. Hence my answer.

This template is only project area specific if DNG is used without configuration management opt in. Otherwise each component has its own type system.

I was unable to find the template name for the type system to be exposed in the UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.