It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

getComponentSyncContexts

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Aug 30 '17, 10:21 p.m.

Hello to the forum members,
I am working with the following API:
IComponentSyncContext[] com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.changes.model.IComponentSyncModel.getComponentSyncContexts(IConnection wc, IComponentHandle component)

Please comment if you know how to create a workspace configuration that will cause this API to return an array with size > 1.

Many thanks,
Gidi

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Aug 31 '17, 1:08 a.m. | edited Aug 31 '17, 4:13 a.m.

Hello Shashikant,

I am using this API to get information on IShareable elements regarding their status in the pending changes view:
- Are they unresolved ?
- Are they in incoming\outgoing change-set ?
- Are they in conflict ? Do they need merge ?

Is there an alternative API to answer these questions ?

Thanks,
Gidi

Shashikant Padur commented Aug 31 '17, 4:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you have IShareable then you should be able to get the type of change using IShareable#getChange method which returns ILocalChange and you can use ILocalChange#getType method to get the type.

If you do not have a IShareable, then you can call ISharingManager#findShareables method.

For incoming/outgoing change sets, call IWorkspaceConnection#compareTo() which returns an IChangeHistorySyncReport and use IChangeHistorySyncReport#incomingChangeSets/outgoingChangeSets.

Use IWorkspaceConnection#conflictReport method to get all the outstanding merge conflicts.

Gidi Gal commented Aug 31 '17, 4:59 a.m.

Thanks Shashikant,I will try this API.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 30 '17, 11:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This api is internal and should not be used by clients. If you provide us with the scenario we could suggest an alternative.

Gidi Gal selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.