It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in Installing and Deploying CLM applications to WAS 8.5.5.0

Nikhil Khaladkar (1127) | asked Aug 30 '17, 11:26 a.m.

I am trying to deploy CLM applications on a newly installed WAS 8.5.5.0. I already have a separate installation for Jazz Team server with liberty. I want to deploy the applications from liberty to websphere. For this I am using the jython scripts in the JTS server directory like the clm_was_config and clm_deploy.py 

For clm_deploy.py I am passing the path of the folder containing the application war files.
I could successfully execute both the scripts and install the applications on the websphere.

However, when I login to the websphere admin console and I try to start the applications, from the Applications>Application Types>Websphere Enterprise Application,on clicking the application the process goes in a loop and the applications cannot be started.

Note:  I also tried stopping the WAS but this also does not get completed. So on forcefully killing the server process while starting it again I get the error that the Server cannot be initialized.

Any workaround or suggestions as in how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Alan Sampson commented Aug 30 '17, 11:49 a.m. | edited Aug 30 '17, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Caution:
If you are installing CLM 6.0.4 or greater then WebSphere will need to be at version 8.5.5.2 with Java 7.1 as a minimum (IBM would recommend installing the latest WAS fixpack).
See https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/install_upgrade/6.0.4/index.html#2 for more details.

Nikhil Khaladkar commented Aug 31 '17, 10:21 a.m. | edited Aug 31 '17, 10:22 a.m.

Thanks Alan, I did upgrade my WAS to 8.5.5.12, this did solve that issue and now I can start the applications.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.