It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.3 to CLM 6.0.4 - How do I migrate from WAS to Liberty?

Heather Linsk (1422352) | asked Jun 14 '17, 6:28 p.m.
ENVIRONMENT:  
Application Servers: RHEL 6.8
SQL Server 2012

I am in the planning phase for upgrading one of my CLM environments from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4.

I would like to know if there is a procedure to move from WAS Full Profile to Liberty Profile.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jul 22 '17, 12:24 p.m.

Here are instructions I found in an InterConnect session held this past March.  The session name was Migrating a Jazz Environment to WebSphere Liberty.

Install Jazz Applications of similar version with Liberty Profile Copy Application Data from existing CLM installation

• Copy <Old_Install_home>\server\conf TO <New_Install_home>\server

Create Liberty Profile server directory structure

• $> server.startup –create

Configure your Liberty Profile to Match WAS Full profile

• JVM variables - <jazz_home>\server\server.startup.bat(sh)

• User Registry Configuration

• server.xml – Which type of User Registry to include, SSO and Certificate Configurations (<jazz_home>/server/liberty/servers/clm)

• basicUserRegistry.xml – File based registry (<jazz_home>/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf)

• ldapUserRegistry.xml – LDAP User registry (<jazz_home>/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf)

• application.xml – Security Role Mappings (<jazz_home>/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf) 

Heather Linsk selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Jul 22 '17, 4:13 p.m.

Thanks Robert!  

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jun 14 '17, 9:17 p.m.

It should be quite easy as Liberty works out of the box. If you have absolute paths to the index folders in teamserver.properties files, I don't see any problems with just starting Liberty profile after the migration. If you have multiple profiles, particularly on the same machine, to migrate, it will be a bit more involved, as you need to create multiple Liberty profiles and probably modify the server.startup and server.shutdown scripts as well. Studying the scripts will give you plenty of hints on how to do that.

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Jul 20 '17, 12:20 p.m.

Thank you.  I take a look.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.