It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changes to plugin.xml and XSD schemas do not take effect

Kasper Lindberg (153) | asked Aug 30 '17, 8:27 a.m.

Hi,

I'm developing a plugin for RTC. I'm using the RTC Extension workshop as a guideline and I'm currently working on Parametrization (Lab 4).

I've defined my schema and use it to validate the manual changes I make to the process configuration source xml.
However, I notice that changes to the plugin.xml are not picked up by the Jetty-based RTC server despite restarting it.
The change I made was to the plugin description. 
When I remove the plugin from the WorkItemSave operation, restart the server, and re-add it, the old description is still used. 

The same applies to my schema, where I added an attribute to an element. The validation of the xml fails on that new attribute not being allowed. 

It seems that these configuration files (plugin.xml/schema) are cached by the server. 

How do I refresh these?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Aug 30 '17, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can not remember if I ever saw that. Not sure which version you talk about. Some things to try:

Try request reset https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/is-the-extension-deployed-how-can-i-redeploy/
Try to remove the bundles from the server launch file start the server and then stop, add the bundle and restart
Exit the Eclipse server development client, start it again and try to start Jetty.

Kasper Lindberg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kasper Lindberg commented Aug 30 '17, 9:41 a.m.
The restart of Eclipse seems to have done the trick. Slightly surprised it made the difference, but then again, I've seen eclipse cache files for no good reason before. 

For the record, I'm working with Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) and RTC 6.0.3 (Linux)

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.