It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help in analyzing RTC Server/JTS performance

Geoff Alexander (19623948) | asked Oct 18 '12, 1:02 p.m.
We are developing a number of custom work items along with associated custom process configuration including our own work item save operation advisors and participants.  We also have a number of script-based attribute conditions for dynamically setting attributes as read-only and/or required.  We have noticed that in some scenarios which create multiple of our custom work items that the RTC Server/JTS uses an excessive amount of CPU.  For example in one scenario (running on RTC 4.0/DB2 9.7 under Windows 7 Profession 64-bit on a Lenovo W510 Thinkpad) that creates eleven work items, the RTC Server/JTS uses between nine and ten minutes of CPU time as reported by the Windows task manager.

Are there any specific tools (beyond Java performance analysis tools) for analyzing RTC Server/JTS performance?  Are there any articles or other documentation on analyzing RTC Server/JTS performance?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 18 '12, 1:17 p.m.
does that include the Database cpu cycles?
seems pretty high.

Comments
Geoff Alexander commented Oct 18 '12, 1:32 p.m. | edited Oct 18 '12, 1:33 p.m.

The nine to ten minutes CPU time is only for the Jazz Team Server process.  I agree that this seems pretty high.  My initial guess is that the problem is due to something we're doing in our custom work item save operation advisors and/or participants.  But this is only a guess; I really need to do detailed analysis to determine what's really going on.

permanent link
Geoff Alexander (19623948) | answered Oct 18 '12, 2:34 p.m.
edited Oct 18 '12, 2:34 p.m.
I found a series of seven Jazz performance articles by Dan Toczala, which I'm currently reading:

permanent link
Mark Gravina (11) | answered Oct 22 '13, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest you see the new Deployment section on jazz.net,  where you will see in the theme section Performance: Where to start?  If you don't find the answer you are looking for there, let us know, and we'll get it for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.