It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add a baseline to a in-process delivery within a server operation participant

Robert Michelson (111) | asked May 21 '15, 10:39 a.m.
I am trying to provide support for our build process by adding a feature which allows RTC to automatically add a baseline to all components within a delivery. This will provide a reference for developers to choose which baseline they would like to build in the future. I would like to have it a baseline as this is viewable directly on a component and is selectable from the UI. I understand that functionality exists to automatically create a baseline POST-BUILD. However, not all code deliveries need to be built -- especially in a shared stream, multiple developer environment. Instead, what I would like is to not require a build to create the baseline yet have some way to designate one for the delivery. I have created a delivery operation participant server plugin for this purpose which I had hoped I could use to create the baseline on the server and add it to the delivery. However, due to the transactional nature of a delivery and the need to maintain referential integrity, I have not found a way to add a baseline to the current delivery. The code executes in an endless loop as it tries to figure out why various object timestamps within the transaction have changed. What I would like to see is an example of how this could be done.
Some things that have been attempted:
  • Using com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.SCMService, I have created changesets and baselines in various combinations on the delivery component. This method results in the aforementioned endless loop.
  • Using com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.utils.BaselineUtils, I have attempted to create a baseline within the currently running transaction. However the reference to the transaction, which is held by the current delta object for the delivery, is not accessible.
I would love to hear about any way to attach a baseline to a delivery in server code (not using the JAVA API or command line) without involvement of the user or the client. Obviously if this functionality exists currently I would love to know that, too. I have not included any code as it seems rather pointless considering the lack of a concrete approach to the problem.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.