It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the RDF URI required to copy artifacts between project areas in RDNG

Ryan McBryde (5711130) | asked Aug 23 '17, 11:27 a.m.

I am trying to copy artifacts that are the same type, with the same attributes, which have the same attribute types from one project area to another in RDNG.  I am receiving an error message that states. "The target project area does not contain a matching artifact type for this artifact."  As I said the two project areas were created from the same project template and have the same attributes, attribute types, and attribute data types.  In reading the note that pops up when attempting to copy the artifacts, it also mentions that the RDF URI's have to be the same.  In this case they are the same, because they are both blank.  Is a non-blank, identical value for RDF URI required to copy artifacts between project areas?

CLM version 6.0.1

5 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 23 '17, 11:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes. The same (non-blank) URIs.  That's how the system knows when the types in two project areas are really the same.

Comments
Ryan McBryde commented Aug 23 '17, 12:19 p.m.

Thanks for the prompt response, Daniel.

Would it be possible to get the note in RDNG updated to include that fact, that the URI's have to be non-blank?

Thanks again

Ryan McBryde commented Aug 23 '17, 12:43 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '17, 12:45 p.m.

Thanks for the prompt response, Daniel.

Would it be possible to get the note in RDNG updated to include that fact, that the URI's have to be non-blank?

Also, do just the artifact types need identical RDF URI's or do the attributes and attribute data types also need them?

Thanks again

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 23 '17, 12:50 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have asked the dev team to open a defect to improve the message.

>>> do just the artifact types need identical RDF URI's or do the attributes and attribute data types also need them?
And I believe they all need URIs.

permanent link
Brian Steele (562) | answered Aug 28 '17, 4:35 p.m.

This was changed in 6.0.2.  It tries to match the types first on the RDF URI and failing that will look for duplicate titles.

permanent link
Keith Woodard (11) | answered Sep 05 '18, 12:09 p.m.

I just encountered a RDF is null error when during a copy and paste operation between a module reference artifact and a destination folder within another project area. The environment is 6.0.6.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.